Aug. 29, 2019
Today we will test your Real estate knowledge. No, you don't have to have a real estate license for these questions. This is popular culture trivia. Let's see how much you know. (Answers are at the bottom)
1. Who is the world's largest landowner?
2. What is the name of Elvis Presley's home?
3. Which famous skilled mason laid the cornerstone of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C. in 1793?
4. During what great land boom (1919) did investors pay up to $25,000 for lots that had not yet been dredged out of the ocean?
5. What famous person said this? "Real estate is the best investment in the world because it is the only thing they are not making anymore!"
6. In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy said, "There is no place like home!" Where was her home?
7. What town did The Flinstones call home?
8. What Real estate board game became the best-selling game in America just one year after it was created?
9. What time of year is considered the busiest for homebuyers and sellers?
10. What area was designed to look like 1940s southeastern town with traditional architecture?
1. The U.S. Government with over 700 million acres! 2. Graceland. 3. George Washington, the first President of the United States 4. The Florida Land Boom. Carl Fisher founded Miami that year and brought hundreds of investors to the state. 5. Will Rogers, who began his career as a rope-throwing cowboy and later became a famous stage and film star. 6. Kansas. 7. Bedrock. 8. Monopoly, created by Charles B. Darrow in 1934. His intention was to cheer himself up while unemployed during the Great Depression. Monopoly is now the most popular board game in the world and has sold over 200 million copies. 9. Spring, Real estate is a year-round business, but spring is still considered the best time of year to showcase a home. 10. Disney's "Celebration" in Orlando, FL. When finished Celebration will have 8,000 residences and many commercial tourist attractions.